Remington Valve incorporates a Valve Design Program that optimizes and designs our ball valve product lines. This design program has been used to design valves for over 20 years with great success. The design program is kept current to utilize all advancements in metals, sealing technology and engineering advancements. Thousands of iterations are run, in a matter of minutes, optimizing all parts on our ball valve products. Proven, reliable and effecient are all words to describe what goes into every Remington Valve design. The program automatically calculates the following:
- The optimization of sealing surfaces providing tight shutoff for low or high-pressure applications
- The utilization of high yield materials of construction providing the strength and reliability expected by end users.
- The optimization of bearing surface performance lowers torque and reduces stress on the materials of construction.
- Our high-performance sealing areas reduce torque and lower the cost of actuation without sacrificing shutoff capability.
Matched Thermal Characteristics
Remington matches the thermal expansion characteristics between base material and coatings to reduce the stresses experienced between the surfaces. When the ball and seat grow from thermal expansion, the coating grows at the same rate reducing the chances of de-lamination and providing a sealing surface that withstands thermal shock.
Remington uses several different coating materials and application methods based on customer service conditions. Ongoing research and development allow Remington to provide the best, cost-effective solution to your service conditions.
- High-Velocity Oxygen Fueled (HVOF) robotically controlled spray techniques are used to apply the formulated Chrome Carbide and Tungsten Carbide powders.
- The HVOF process mechanically bonds the coating to the base material using a high-velocity spray system.
- The robotically controlled spray gun ensures a very dense, evenly distributed layer of coating.
- High velocity propels the grains of coating deep into the base material resulting in a extremely high bond strength.
- Spray and Fuse coatings, offered by Remington, are designed to provide wear resistance, high bond strength, and resistance to chemical attacks in all applications. The metallurgical bonded Chrome Carbide and Colmonoy coatings are used in high cycle, solids handling, and high-temperature applications.
- The process involves heating the base material and coating to extreme temperature fusing the coating into the surface of the base material.
- Remington also provides specially formulated coatings for acidic services.
Severe service metal seated ball valve performance depends heavily on coated surfaces. That is why Remington Valve engineers each valve we build to handle the movement of materials under temperature and pressure. Exacting tolerances in machining and assembly provide unequaled function and performance.
- Once coated, our lapping process provides a bubble-tight seal on every valve produced. As with our coating process, our lapping process is mechanized to provide consistent and repeatable sealing surfaces.
- Remington Valve strives to ensure each valve we produce provides durable long lasting sealing capabilities. Our goal is to provide our customers the best value possible in a dependable engineered product.
REMINGTON PRODUCT APPLICATIONS
Metals & Minerals Mining